Oaksey Playing Field
Oaksey Playing Field, situated between the school and the Village Hall, was bequeathed to the Village in 1949 by the Murray family. It was established as a charitable trust, administered by 4 trustees and a representative from each of the cricket and football clubs.
The field is used extensively by the cricket and football clubs, the school and other organisations, such as the village fete. A children’s playground has been established along with a skateboarding area. The field is for the use of any properly constituted club or body in the village subject to the consent of the trustees.
In late 2014 the field was closed to allow for levelling and drainage with generous grants from Sport England and the Parish Council. It is expected to re-open in August 2015.
For more information, please contact:
Nick Mangnall (Chairman Oaksey Playing Field Trust) on 01666 577982.